Renogy, a renewable energy company that supplies off-grid solar products for homes, businesses, recreational vehicles, boating and more.
Prior to becoming an Acceleration Partners’ client, Renogy’s content-only affiliate program had begun to dip in performance. They wanted to correct that trend, and expand and diversify the types of affiliate partners in their program. After careful consideration, Renogy determined that their best option was to migrate their affiliate partner program to another technology platform that would better support their revenue goals and desired KPIs.
To do this in a reasonable timeframe and without losing any revenue, Renogy needed expertise and guidance on transitioning their affiliate program from one affiliate technology platform to another.
Based on their ambitious revenue goals and guidance from Acceleration Partners’ client success team, Renogy determined that ShareASale was the best technology option to accommodate their growing affiliate program and the new types of affiliate partners they wanted to work with.
In addition to being a very manual process, affiliate technology platform migrations can also result in disgruntled affiliate partners, if not handled well. To ensure a smooth transition, the Acceleration Partners affiliate program management team created a customized, step-by-step process for moving Renogy’s affiliate program onto ShareASale’s platform.
Over a period of approximately two-and-a-half months, the Acceleration Partners team:
- Set up Renogy’s new tracking links on ShareASale, gradually removed old tracking pixels and carefully cross-referenced payments to ensure affiliates weren’t receiving duplicate compensation.
- Notified fraud monitoring service to ensure correct platform was being monitored.
- Conducted extensive one-on-one outreach and communications with Renogy’s existing content partners, introducing themselves as Renogy’s new affiliate management agency, informing them of the move to ShareASale, and educating these partners on how the migration would allow for more efficient and timely payouts.
- Implemented a bonus structure to offer partners a monetary amount if they became sale active following the migration to ShareASale.
During the migration, the Acceleration Partners team also concurrently conducted outreach to new types of affiliates and made strategic partner recommendations for Renogy’s affiliate program. As Renogy’s primary goals for their program included finding new partner types that could help them quickly drive sales and conversion rates, select coupon and loyalty partners were added to their program.
The Acceleration Partners team successfully and smoothly migrated Renogy’s affiliate program onto ShareASale’s technology platform in a timely manner while simultaneously ensuring there were no disruptions to revenue.
Post-migration, Renogy has realized significant growth, including:
- Increased total revenue 1356% YoY for Q1
- Increased average order value over 19% YoY for Q1
Acceleration Partners’ strategic, relationship-focused approach to the technology migration of Renogy’s affiliate program also resulted in positive feedback from their existing content partners. They conveyed how much they appreciated the improved communication, more efficient payment process and being able to work within a platform that was easier to use and navigate.
Learn smart strategies for moving an affiliate program from one technology platform provider to another in our Affiliate Program Platform Migration Checklist.
Download the Case Study PDF