AP Influence Attracts High-Value Micro Influencers And Closes The Loop On Tracking
Through AP Influence, the Acceleration Partners team manages an entire influencer campaign for clients (one-time, multiple, and/or ongoing campaigns). In the process, we help them expand the reach of their affiliate program, leverage high-value content and track the performance of influencer partners.
By partnering with one of the world's largest influencer networks, we've made it possible for brands to work with influencers on a "performance plus" basis.
Learn how Acceleration Partners drove +20K average engagements per campaign and reached a 1.87% target engagement rate for our clients.
1.87%target engagement rate
+20Kaverage engagements per campaign
4.77average posts created per micro influencer
1.3Maverage potential impressions per campaign
479Kcampaign average reach on Instagram
Over the past few years, many of our clients have increased their focus on bringing high-value content affiliates into their affiliate programs in an effort to drive brand awareness, engagement and conversions. While content affiliates offer significant value to a program, recruiting, activating and optimizing them can be challenging and time consuming. Brands sometimes find that they have a smaller audience reach than anticipated or that their content may only focus on promotions and not meet certain brand criteria.
Micro influencers are another group of content creators that can be challenging for brands to find and connect with. And when they do, many discover that it's exceedingly difficult to efficiently communicate with them, track their performance, cost-effectively pay them and report on the results of their content creation.
What's proven even more arduous for companies is bridging the gaps between affiliate marketing and influencer marketing. Micro influencers are often unfamiliar with affiliate marketing programs.
To help our existing and future clients resolve some of these issues, we came up with a performance-focused solution: AP Influence.
By partnering with one of the world's largest influencer networks, we've made it possible for brands to work with influencers on a performance basis, meaning influencers are either: paid a flat fee plus commissions; given a free product plus a commission; given a free product, plus a flat fee, plus a commission.
AP Influence: Compelling Content, Campaigns and Conversions
Clients in our initial AP Influence pilot program included: Reebok, addidas, BookSpan/Book of the Month, Blurb, CreativeLive, Dollar Tree and Pier 1. While the goals of each individual pilot campaign differed, most participants wanted brand or product awareness, engagement and/or high-quality content.
Overall, the initial participating AP Influence clients were able to:
- Increase authentic organic conversations for their brand.
- Receive reporting that included performance metrics from affiliate networks (clicks, orders, sales) along with potential reach and engagements.
- Own the high-value content that these micro influencers produced and reuse it on their blog and social channels (with proper credit to the influencer), thus saving them time/money in content creation.
- Pay their content partners on a performance basis.
- Partner with great influencers. After AP Influence campaigns ended, some clients even transitioned participating influencers to their in-house "ambassador"/ influencer program or affiliate program, demonstrating that AP Influence is an effective way for brands to discover, source and test out new influencers.