Le Col realises significant growth with targeted recruitment and activation campaign.
Founded by professional cyclist and rider for team GB, Yanto Barker, Le Col is a premium British cycling apparel brand with a single-minded focus on performance. They take real pride in what they do, with a simple but enduring purpose: to make the best performance kit to help cyclists ride faster and further on every ride.
Since launching their affiliate programme, Le Col had seen slow growth in comparison to other digital channels and had a lower than expected programme partner activation rate. They were looking for ways to accelerate growth through the channel, focusing on partner recruitment and activation.
- Cost-effectively increase orders driven through the affiliate channel via a diverse range of partners
- Run a targeted recruitment and activation campaign to increase the number of sale active partners on the programme by 70%
Three strategic pillars defined the programme relaunch:
- Recruitment: Create a strong pipeline of new programme partners through a new programme recruitment strategy
- Re-activation: Activate existing programme partners through a targeted optimisation campaign
- Programme technology: Create a new programme product feed to allow a broader range of partners to join the programme
Programme product feed
The team worked with Le Col to launch a new programme product feed, opening up the opportunity to work with Price Comparison and CSS partners.
Recruitment and activation campaign
Working with Acceleration Partner’s internal Partner Development Team, the programme manager put in place a streamlined recruitment and activation strategy.
Environmental and health concerns have seen the popularity of cycling based products soar, and many consumers are choosing cycling as a hobby and a preferred mode of transport. The Acceleration Partners team saw this as the perfect opportunity to increase partner engagement on the programme as well as to recruit new sale-active partners.
Recruitment and activation of new programme partners
- The team conducted a GAP analysis of Le Col’s competitors to identify partner recruitment targets; identifying 300 partner targets. The analysis focused on top tier partners across a range of business models including Content, Loyalty, Cashback, Voucher, CSS partners and Price Comparison sites.
- Acceleration Partners adjusted recruitment messaging to focus on brand growth and the significant increase in consumer demand for sport and athletic products, as well as the compelling promotions the brand was running, such as “20-25% off all products.”
- All new programme partners were offered a +5% CPA increase during their first month of joining the programme, in exchange for top product listings in newsletters or on-site promotions.
Engagement of existing programme partners
- The team analysed the performance of existing programme partners and established a list of partners to activate. Activation focused on CPA led exposure, offering partners a CPA increase in exchange for exposure-led packages. They also found specific voucher partners to activate and provided these partners with exclusive codes to increase brand exposure.
- Activation messaging focused on product demand, and Le Col’s compelling offers. Thanks to product popularity, the team were able to negotiate increased exposure and build stronger relationships with existing programme partners.
Since the inception of Le Col’s targeted recruitment and activation campaign, the client’s affiliate programme has seen significant growth and the affiliate channel is now one of Le Col’s most effective and efficient conversion channels.
- As a result of specific brand messaging and targeted placements, the programme saw a 205% MoM growth in sales driven via the affiliate channel (March 2020 Vs April 2020)
- The targeted recruitment and activation campaign resulted in growing the number of sale active programme partners by 150% YoY (April 2019 Vs April 2020)
- The affiliate channel is now one of the brands strongest performing marketing channels
These extraordinary growth results have showcased the success of the affiliate channel and, Le Col will now be increasing investment in the channel for future programme growth. Across H2 2020, the Acceleration Partners team will continue to expand on the successful recruitment and activation strategy for further programme growth.
Download the Case Study PDF