Taking Your Affiliate Program Global – Part 3
The OutPerform Podcast
Tyla Cobb (Account Director) and Tess Waresmith (Senior Manager) have significant experience launching, expanding and managing global affiliate marketing programs.
In her nearly four years at Acceleration Partners, Tyla’s managed both domestic and global affiliate marketing programs for large, global brands, including Target, adidas, Reebok, Pier One and Tiny Prints. As an Account Director, she oversees the performance of global teams managing affiliate programs in multiple counties.
Tess Waresmith is a Senior Marketing Manager at Acceleration Partners. While at AP, she’s had the unique opportunity to live and work in Asia (Singapore) while helping one of AP’s largest clients get their affiliate program off the ground.
On this third and final episode of our three-part Taking Your Affiliate Program series, we discuss what companies should be looking at in the first six to 12 months to assess performance and address challenges.
About this 3-Part Series
This episode is Part Three of a three-part Outperform series on “Taking Your Affiliate Program Global.”
Although this series barely scratches the surface, we thought that the best way to convey some of the key aspects of a global affiliate marketing program launch and expansion would be to break it down into three parts:
Part One: The important things to consider and do BEFORE you go global.
Part Two: What to know and do AFTER you determine there’s a viable opportunity to take your affiliate program global.
Part Three: What you should be looking at and evaluating in the months following the global expansion of your affiliate program.
We hope you enjoy hearing this episode as much as we did creating it for you!
- Expectations that companies should have after an affiliate program has been up and running for a few months.
- Key considerations advertisers should be thinking about a few months after taking their affiliate program global.
- Why you should make it a habit to regularly look at and re-evaluate your country priority list.
- Examples of what that re-evaluation process can look like.
- Why having a test and learn approach is so critical and what that has looked like with AP clients.
- How a team on the ground in APAC came up with some creative ways for developing successful relationships with publishers who weren’t familiar with affiliate.
- Common challenges that start to arise about six months into the launch of an affiliate program in a new market or region.
- Rewards companies can realize from expanding their affiliate program into a new country or market—if they can properly prepare themselves and their team before and after expanding.
Links from the Episode
What does it mean to Outperform in Marketing & Business Partnerships?
What are the world’s leading brands and savviest performance marketers doing to create transparent, high-value partnerships that bring more customers, incremental sales and faster growth? Join us on the Outperform with Acceleration Partners podcast to explore this very question. You’ll hear insightful, valuable and eye-opening discussions about what it truly means to outperform in your marketing and business partnerships.
Gain some useful insights from this Outperform podcast episode? If yes, we’d greatly appreciate your rating and/or review on Apple Podcasts. You can also subscribe so you don’t miss an episode!