The Outperform Podcast
More About this Episode
There's a lot happening right now in the world of third-party cookies. Google officially announced their timeline of phasing out third-party cookie support on some browsers, including Chrome in 2022. Apple has also announced that it will eventually require users to opt-in if they want to use the Identifier for Advertisers (IDFA) on their iPhones. Other browsers, such as Firefox and Safari, have already started to block these cookies.
So, what does all this mean for various marketing channels– affiliate marketing in particular?
On this episode, Jon Claydon, founder and CEO of Streamline Marketing (an Acceleration Partners' company) sheds light on this issue and explains what it's likely to mean for advertisers and their affiliate marketing programs.
- What "cookies" are/do and how they've historically been used in marketing.
- How cookies have been used in affiliate marketing specifically.
- Changes in the world of web browsers and mobile device operating systems that are impacting tracking cookies.
- Alternatives to third-party cookies if/when they go away.
- What affiliate marketing's future might look like in a cookieless world.
Links related to this episode
Don't Miss an Episode!
What does it mean to Outperform in Marketing & Business Partnerships?
What are the world's leading brands and savviest performance marketers doing to create transparent, high-value partnerships that bring more customers, incremental sales and faster growth? Join us on the Outperform with Acceleration Partners podcast to explore this very question. You'll hear insightful, valuable and eye-opening discussions about what it truly means to outperform in your marketing and business partnerships.
Suggestions for an episode topic? Email us at: [email protected]