Taking Your Affiliate Program Global – Part 2
Tyla Cobb (Account Director) and Tess Waresmith (Senior Account Manager) both have extensive experience helping clients launch, optimize and expand their global affiliate marketing programs and performance partnerships.
On Part Two of this three-part series, they focus on the important things you should consider AFTER you’ve confirmed there is a viable opportunity for your affiliate program in a new, global region.
ABOUT THIS 3-PART SERIES:
This episode is Part Two of a three-part Outperform series on “Taking Your Affiliate Program Global.”
Although this series barely scratches the surface, we thought that the best way to convey some of the key aspects of a global affiliate marketing program launch and expansion would be to break it down into three parts:
Part One: The important things to consider and do BEFORE you go global.
Part Two: What to know and do AFTER you determine there’s a viable opportunity to take your affiliate program global.
Part Three: What you should be looking at and evaluating in the months following the global expansion of your affiliate program.
We hope you enjoy hearing this episode as much as we did creating it for you!
If you can’t see the embedded player above, you can:
- The first, most important thing a company should do after deciding to take their program global.
- Why it’s important to keep expectations in check.
- What you need to work closely with your operations team on (HR, legal, etc.) to ensure you’re following the laws and logistics for employment in that country.
- Hiring local vs hiring someone who can relocate to the region.
- What to look for in the right on-the-ground person/team.
- Local vs mega-region launch needs/requirements.
- Important considerations for working with/leading a global team.
- Tips for keeping your global affiliate team members engaged with your domestic (e.g. US) team.
- What your operations/HR team needs to do/consider before sending a US team member to another country to manage an affiliate program.
- Attributes an on-the-ground person needs to have in order to be successful in their role helping a client expand their affiliate program.
- Why being flexible is so crucial when taking your affiliate program global.
- Why you should provide your on-the-ground team members who are unfamiliar with APAC with maps of the malls.
- What a proactive global coordination and collaboration processes looks like.
- Why investing time and resources into affiliate marketing education is so vital in certain markets.
Links from the Episode
We hope you enjoyed this Outperform podcast episode. If you did, we’d greatly appreciate you rating and/or reviewing it on Apple Podcast. You can also subscribe for FREE so you don’t miss an episode!
How Can We Help You?
Complete the form below and we'll be in touch.