Life and Leadership Lessons from AmyK Hutchens
The dynamic and driven AmyK Hutchens joins us on this episode of Outperform to discuss aligning brilliance, attributes of high-performing leaders, the secrets leaders keep and the troubling rise of “comparison condition.”
At her core, AmyK is a teacher. Beginning her career teaching 5th grade, she eventually starting teaching other teachers and entire organizations about how to teach critical thinking. She then took her love of teaching to the corporate world and became a sales trainer for a billion-dollar global consumer products company.
AmyK now serves as the Founder and Intelligence Activist of AmyK International, Inc., an executive development firm focused on leadership development, healthy team cultures, sales and innovative thinking. Clients include AT&T, Expedia, Lockheed Martin, Securian Financial, IBM, Wells Fargo, Walmart, John Paul Mitchell Systems and hundreds more. She travels the world helping senior executives lead and collaborate more effectively.
She’s also the author of the Amazon best-selling book, The Secrets Leaders Keep.
Check out the “Links from the Episode” section for an exclusive resource from AmyK on How to Overcome Imposter Syndrome.
If you can’t see the embedded player above, you can:
- Why AmyK went from teaching kids to teaching business leaders.
- Who is more difficult to teach? Kids or business leaders?
- What it means to help leaders “align their brilliance.”
- Why being vulnerable in the workplace is so important.
- The key attributes of high-performing leaders and teams.
- How true leaders deal with and respond to problems, even if they had nothing to do with causing it.
- Why seeking balance only leads us to feeling crazier.
- Why AmyK decided to write The Secrets Leaders Keep and what she did with the first draft of her book.
- Some of the secrets AmyK found that are ubiquitous among leaders.
- Imposter Syndrome and how she’s seen in it manifest in her work with students and business leaders.
- What the Comparison Condition is and how it’s leading to anxiety and depression.
- One of the biggest mistakes AmyK’s made in her life and career that she’s learned the most from.
Links from the Episode
Guest: AmyK Hutchens
Host: Robert Glazer
We hope you enjoyed this Outperform podcast episode. If you did, we’d greatly appreciate you rating and/or reviewing it on Apple Podcast. You can also subscribe for FREE so you don’t miss an episode!
How Can We Help You?
Complete the form below and we'll be in touch.