Ep. 14: John Ruhlin and the Art and Science of Gifting in Business
John Ruhlin just might be the best gift-giver in the world.
As founder of gifting and logistics company, The Ruhlin Group and author of Giftology, John knows a thing or two about why gifting matters and how, when it’s done right, it’s one of the most effective ways to:
- Get more referrals
- Stand out (in a good way)
- Get a meeting with almost any decision-maker
- Increase your client and employee retention
- Win the hearts and minds of your industry influencers and partners
In this Outperform podcast episode, AP founder Robert Glazer talks with John about all these benefits of gifting as well as common gifting gaffes.
Listen to the episode here:
- How John got to be one of the top sellers of Cutco knives
- What is gifting (and what’s not)
- Why John sent a partner prospect 18 gifts over 18 months
- How most companies handle their gifting and why it doesn’t have an impact
- Why companies spend big commission on sales guys but fail to acknowledge those who send them referrals
- Common misunderstandings and mishaps around gifting
- Why John doesn’t recommend sending a gift right after being sent a referral
- Workarounds for companies that can’t receive gifts
- How to spend a $1 and get $100 of impact
- One of the best gifts John’s ever been given
Links from the Episode
http://giftologybook.com/ap/ (download a free one-pager for the “10 Gifts to Avoid Giving Key Clients”)
We hope you enjoyed this Outperform podcast episode. If you did, we’d greatly appreciate you rating and/or reviewing it on iTunes. You can also subscribe so you don’t miss an episode!
How Can We Help You?
Complete the form below and we'll be in touch.