Ep. 12 – Profile of a Growth Marketer: Griffin Thall, Pura Vida Bracelets
“When we gave these bracelets to our friends and family, we were sharing our Pura Vida journey with them.” – Griffin Thall
Griffin and his long-time friend, Paul Goodman, founded Pura Vida Bracelets in 2010. Since then, they’ve grown it into a million-dollar business venture and provide fill-time jobs to over 150 people in Costa Rica and around the world. They’ve been named to Forbes’ “30 Under 30: Retail” list, been featured in Sports Illustrated and Victoria’s Secret, have an Instagram page with almost a million followers and have a thriving affiliate program. What’s more is that they’ve donated more than $1,210,409.72 to date and are spreading the “pura vida” spirit daily.
Listen in as Griffin delves into Pura Vida’s world, shares his and Paul’s incredible journey over the years and gives us a sneak peek as to what’s ahead for this inspiring company.
- How Pura Vida started with a casual encounter on a beach in Costa Rica
- What happened when Griffin and Paul brought 400 bracelets from bracelet artisans, Jorge and Joaquin and placed them in a bowl at a local boutique
- What they’re doing to build such a strong online presence
- When and why Pura Vida started leveraging the affiliate model
- The kinds of affiliates Pura Vida partners with
- How their Acceleration Partners team has helped Pura Vida grow and optimize their affiliate program
- Other forms of online marketing that Pura Vida is doing and finding success in
- Offline marketing strategies that Pura Vida employs
- New products that Griffin is most excited about right now
Links from the Episode
We hope you enjoyed this Outperform podcast episode. If you did, we’d greatly appreciate you rating and/or reviewing it on iTunes. You can also subscribe so you don’t miss an episode!