Reflecting On Our Business Mistakes
Mistakes. We all make ‘em, but that doesn’t mean they’re easy to admit.
On this special edition “Truth, Transparency, and ‘Tails” episode of our Outperform podcast, AP’s Bob Glazer (founder and managing director) and Matt Wool (general manager) open the kimono once again and share some of the biggest business mistakes they’ve made in three key areas: clients, people, and strategic decision-making.
In this episode, Bob and Matt transparently discuss:
- How they totally bombed a meeting with a potential client, what that prospect told them, and why they still heed that advice today.
- Mistakes they’ve made with difficult clients.
- Hard lessons learned from an ineffective hiring process.
- Why a business coach told them they were acting “weak.”
- What happened when their business focus looked more like a strobe light than a laser beam.
If you can’t see the embedded player above, you can:
Mistakes Were Made But Not By Me by Carol Tavris and Elliot Aronson
Links from the Episode
(Our “Truth, Transparency, and ‘Tails” special edition episodes feature Bob Glazer and Matt Wool, two of AP’s fearless leaders, discussing ideas, insights, and issues around running a business while occasionally enjoying a cocktail.)
We hope you enjoyed this Outperform podcast episode. If you did, we’d greatly appreciate you rating and/or reviewing it on Apple Podcast. You can also subscribe for FREE so you don’t miss an episode!
How Can We Help You?
Complete the form below and we'll be in touch.