Ep. 16 – How Expertise Elevates Your Business – David Baker
From growing up with a tribe of Mayan Indians in a remote village in Guatemala to becoming an author of five books, high performance motorcycle racer and TEDx speaker, David Baker’s vast and varied background is one of the things that makes him a sought-after business and marketing consultant.
In this Outperform podcast episode, AP founder Robert Glazer talks with David about his fascinating background and some key insights from his newest book, The Business of Expertise: How Entrepreneurial Experts Convert Insight to Impact + Wealth.
If you can’t see the embedded player above, you can:
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why it’s so important to specialize or be an expert in business today
- How to make better decisions as a business when demand exceeds supply
- Some of the mistakes David’s made in his career that he’s learned the most from
- About the most common mistakes David see’s professional service firms making
- Examples of companies that are nailing the concept of identifying their expertise
- What parallels David sees between advising entrepreneurs and high performance motorcycle racing
Links from the Episode
We hope you enjoyed this Outperform podcast episode. If you did, we’d greatly appreciate you rating and/or reviewing it on Apple Podcast. You can also subscribe for FREE so you don’t miss an episode!
How Can We Help You?
Complete the form below and we'll be in touch.