Ep. 15: Balancing Client Demands with Core Competencies – Dan Golden
Dan Golden is one of the brightest bulbs lighting up the digital marketing industry.
As President and Chief Search Artist at Be Found Online (BFO), Dan and his co-founder, Steve Krull, have built BFO into one of the fastest growing full-service digital marketing agencies in the Midwest, optimizing paid and organic media across search, display, social, and mobile platforms for their clients. BFO has also been voted one of the best places to work in Chicago.
In this Outperform podcast episode, AP founder Robert Glazer talks with Dan about an important challenge facing marketing agencies: balancing your core service competency with the demands of your clients.
If you can’t see the embedded player above, you can:
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Dan’s journey from touring with a band to starting BFO
- How Dan and his team decide who their agency will serve and how
- BFO’s approach to handling client requests that are out of their wheelhouse
- When your agency should say “yes” to everything and when to start saying “no”
- About a time when a client asked BFO to do something and he had to say “no” to the request
- What Dan thinks about the “Agency of Record” (AOR) model
- What “grey labelling” is
- A few of Dan’s white labelling war stories
Links from the Episode
We hope you enjoyed this Outperform podcast episode. If you did, we’d greatly appreciate you rating and/or reviewing it on Apple Podcast. You can also subscribe for FREE so you don’t miss an episode!
How Can We Help You?
Complete the form below and we'll be in touch.