The OutPerform Podcast
Dan Golden is one of the brightest bulbs lighting up the digital marketing industry.
As President and Chief Search Artist at Be Found Online (BFO), Dan and his co-founder, Steve Krull, have built BFO into one of the fastest growing full-service digital marketing agencies in the Midwest, optimizing paid and organic media across search, display, social, and mobile platforms for their clients. BFO has also been voted one of the best places to work in Chicago.
In this Outperform podcast episode, AP founder Robert Glazer talks with Dan about an important challenge facing marketing agencies: balancing your core service competency with the demands of your clients.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Dan’s journey from touring with a band to starting BFO
- How Dan and his team decide who their agency will serve and how
- BFO’s approach to handling client requests that are out of their wheelhouse
- When your agency should say “yes” to everything and when to start saying “no”
- About a time when a client asked BFO to do something and he had to say “no” to the request
- What Dan thinks about the “Agency of Record” (AOR) model
- What “grey labelling” is
- A few of Dan’s white labelling war stories
Links from the Episode
Don't Miss an Episode!
Subscribe to Outperform on your platform of choice below
What does it mean to Outperform in Marketing & Business Partnerships?
What are the world’s leading brands and savviest performance marketers doing to create transparent, high-value partnerships that bring more customers, incremental sales and faster growth? Join us on the Outperform with Acceleration Partners podcast to explore this very question. You’ll hear insightful, valuable and eye-opening discussions about what it truly means to outperform in your marketing and business partnerships.