In an effort to reframe how people perceive and experience fitness, a leading fitness brand’s campaign became a clarion call to embrace physicality in a hi-tech world.
The challenge for Acceleration Partners was to amplify the campaign reach through the brand’s affiliate marketing program following the campaign launch in a Super Bowl commercial on February 1st.
Strategy & Approach
With a focus on branding over sales, the Acceleration Partners team partnered with the company to provide additional exposure for the campaign in February through various affiliate engagement strategies.
- Selected affiliates for product reviews that incorporated the campaign language.
- Identified affiliates to host giveaways that encouraged their audiences to engage with the campaign for an opportunity to win a gift card. For example, one giveaway asked each entrant to post of a photo of him or her trying a new fitness activity.
- Implemented VIP placements on high-volume coupon and discount websites.
- Secured a number of content placements with select affiliates, including homepage banners, email newsletters, sponsored posts and social media mentions.
The campaign demonstrated that the leading fitness brand’s affiliate marketing program can be a powerful component of a fully-integrated branding campaign.
- March performance for the campaign Product Reviewers improved month-over-month with a positive increase in clicks (128%) and orders (150%).
- Performance for the campaign affiliate increased year-over-year with a lift in clicks (146%) and gross sales (24%).
- The campaign generated 485,468 potential impressions from blog posts, generating 565 comments, 2,588 likes, 1,193 shares and 70,864 Facebook video post views.
Download the Case Study PDF