Tiffani Bova on Why Business Growth Is A Thinking Game
Tiffani Bova is Global Customer Growth and Innovation Evangelist at Salesforce. Over the past two decades, she has led large revenue-producing divisions at businesses ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies.
She spent ten years at Gartner, the world’s leading IT research and advisory firm. Bova’s cutting-edge insights have helped Microsoft, Cisco, Hewlett-Packard, IBM, Oracle, SAP, VMWare, AT&T, Salesforce, Dell, Amazon-AWS and other prominent technology companies expand their market share and grow their revenues.
She’s also the author of Growth IQ: Get Smarter About the Choices that Will Make or Break Your Business, a Wall Street Journal bestseller that reveals ten growth paths — from creating an inspiring customer experience to disrupting business as usual.
If you can’t see the embedded player above, you can:
- Four important growth pitfalls Tiffani often see companies, especially growth companies, fall into.
- The difference between high-growth and sustainable growth.
- What you should be paying attention to in order to stay ahead of black swan events that could derail your company.
- Why Growth is a thinking game.
- How Tiffani came up with the concept of her book, Growth IQ.
- What she saw happening that led her to realize that the process to growth had changed.
- The Top Ten Paths to Growth: how she came up with these ten paths and what makes the framework actually work.
- Path #7: Churn and the insights she learned from looking at companies like Blue Apron.
- Thoughts about how Blockbuster could have pivoted to sustain their business.
- Partnerships and Co-opetition and examples of companies that have done this well.
- The role company culture plays in sustainable business growth.
- A personal or professional growth mistake Tiffani’s learned the most from.
Links from the Episode
Guest: Tiffani Bova
Host: Robert Glazer
We hope you enjoyed this Outperform podcast episode. If you did, we’d greatly appreciate you rating and/or reviewing it on Apple Podcasts. You can also subscribe so you don’t miss an episode!
How Can We Help You?
Complete the form below and we'll be in touch.