Ep. 25: How Confidence Affects Our Performance & Decision-Making with Peter Atwater
Peter Atwater is a man who is fascinated by why people do what they do.
His iterative and impressive path in the financial world eventually led him to studying confidence, specifically the role confidence plays in the choices that we make and the behavioral parallels that cross politics, social action and the markets – presently and historically.
By looking at these factors, Peter has been able to predict much of what’s going on in our society today – from business, financial, political and personal perspectives.
In this Outperform podcast episode, you’ll hear Bob and Peter discuss some very interesting topics, including why Peter looks at books, music, architecture and food when researching confidence-levels and how we’re experiencing a 1960’s-esque “rhyme” today.
Tune in to this Outperform podcast episode with Peter Atwater to learn:
- Why Peter recommends that you should buy Adele and sell Pharrell
- What happens in our minds when confidence falls
- What the “me-here-now” concept is, how it affects our decision-making and why companies need to understand this
- How architecture gives us a peek into extreme peaks and valleys of confidence
- What Peter sees on the horizon for companies of the future
- Peter’s predictions for political and business environments, social media and global warming
- Key traits businesses will need to have to survive and outperform in future business environments
Links from the Episode
- Peter’s bio – https://www.financial-insyghts.com/ourTeam.html
- Follow Peter Atwater on Twitter @peter_atwater.
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/peter-atwater-08467034/
We hope you enjoyed this Outperform podcast episode. If you did, we’d greatly appreciate you rating and/or reviewing it on iTunes. You can also subscribe so you don’t miss an episode!
How Can We Help You?
Complete the form below and we'll be in touch.