How Ap Influence Attracts High-Value Micro-Influencers And Closes The Loop On Tracking
Acceleration Partners’ AP Influence program connects clients with micro-influencers through a unique partnership structure to help reach and engage niche audiences through influencer-generated content and track performance along the way.
CONTENT CHALLENGES FACING AP CLIENTS
Over the past few years, many of our clients have increased their focus on bringing high-value content affiliates into their affiliate program in an effort to drive brand awareness, engagement and conversions. While content affiliates offer significant value to a program, recruiting, activating, and optimizing them can be challenging and time-consuming. Brands sometimes find that they have a smaller audience reach than anticipated or that their content may only focus on promotions and not meet certain brand criteria.
Micro-influencers are another group of content creators that can be challenging for brands to find and connect with. And when they do, many discover that it’s exceedingly difficult to efficiently communicate with them, track their performance, cost-effectively pay them and report on the results of their content creation.
What’s proven even more arduous for companies is bridging the gaps between affiliate marketing and influencer marketing. Micro-influencers are often unfamiliar with what an affiliate program is or they make more money working as an influencer.
To help our existing and future clients resolve some of these issues, we came up with a partner-focused solution: AP Influence.
AP INFLUENCE: PERFORMANCE-BASED PARTNERSHIPS
Through AP Influence, the Acceleration Partners team manages an entire influencer campaign for clients (one-time, multiple and/or ongoing campaigns). In the process, we help them expand the reach of their affiliate program, leverage high-value content and track the performance of influencer partners.
By partnering with one of the world’s largest influencer networks, we’ve made it possible for brands to work with influencers on a “performance plus” basis, meaning influencers are either: paid a flat fee plus commissions; given a free product plus a commission; given a free product, plus a flat fee, plus a commission.
COMPELLING CONTENT, CAMPAIGNS, AND CONVERSIONS
Clients in our initial AP Influence pilot program included: Reebok, adidas, BookSpan/Book of the Month, Blurb, CreativeLive, Dollar Tree and Pier 1. While the goals of each individual pilot campaign differed, most participants wanted brand or product awareness, engagement, and/or high-quality content.
Read the full case study to see the data-driven results these clients generated from their AP influence campaigns and how they were able to:
- Increase authentic organic conversations for their brand.
- Receive reporting that included performance metrics from affiliate networks (clicks, orders, sales) along with potential reach and engagements.
- Own the high-value content that these micro-influencers produced and reuse it on their blog and social channels (with proper credit to the influencer), thus saving them time/money in content creation.
- Pay their content partners on a “performance plus basis.”
- Partner with great influencers. After AP Influence campaigns ended, some clients even transitioned participating influencers to their in-house “ambassador” / influencer program or affiliate program, demonstrating that AP Influence is an effective way for brands to discover, source and test out new influencers.
How Can We Help You?
Complete the form below and we'll be in touch.