On our recent Outperform podcast episode, Robert Glazer talks with business consultant David Baker about key insights from his book, The Business of Expertise.
David has a vast and varied background, which includes high-performance motorcycle racing, speaking at TEDx events and growing up with a tribe of Mayan Indians in Guatemala. Today, he’s a respected author, engaging speaker and sought-after business and marketing consultant.
Listen in as Bob and David discuss:
- What it means to specialize or be an expert in business today
- How and why being an expert elevates your business
- How to make better decisions as a business when demand exceeds supply
- Common mistakes David see’s professional service firms making
- Examples of companies doing a great job identifying and executing on their expertise
- Parallels David sees between advising entrepreneurs and high performance motorcycle racing
Go here to listen.