The word on the street is that Amazon has reached out to some of its large publishers (affiliates) in the Amazon Associates program and told them to stop or pull back on sending traffic to their site.
The assumption is that this is related to the prioritization of critical items related to COVID-19 and the record-high demand Amazon is experiencing.
As most large publishers rely heavily or exclusively on Amazon for their business, this news is coming as a shock to many.
We do not have all the details at this time, but we are monitoring the situation with our industry partners. Please check back soon for more information.
If you’re a publisher/affiliate/partner, please visit our Partner Hub to learn about some of the clients we work with and whose affiliate programs we manage. They’re always looking for high-value publishers to work with and we would be happy to set up a call to talk to discuss partnership opportunities with them.
We would also recommend reaching out to our sister company, Brandcycle, which is already integrated with over 300 programs, making it easy to add a new program and products in the interim.
If you have questions about any of our clients or their affiliate programs, please reach out to our Publisher Development team.
Amazon just announced some significant commission changes that will go into effect April 21, 2020:
- Furniture, Home, Home Improvement, Lawn & Garden, Pets Products, Pantry (was 8%, now 3%)
- Headphones, Beauty, Musical Instruments, Business & Industrial Supplies (was 6%, now 3%)
- Outdoors, Tools (was 5.5%, now 3%)
- Grocery (was 5%, now 1%)
- Sports (was 4.5%, now 3%)
- Baby products (was 4.5%, now 3%)
- Health and personal care (was 4.5%, now 1%)
- Amazon Fresh (was 3%, now 1%)