Relaunching an Affiliate Program
A men’s online clothing brand, had previously shut down a network managed affiliate program that failed to bring in new customers and add value to the bottom line. Rather than miss out on a lucrative digital acquisition channel, the retailer partnered with Acceleration Partners to relaunch their program and develop a strategy that delivered on the promise of incremental, performance-based revenue.
Strategy & Approach
Acceleration Partners worked in tandem with the retailer to relaunch their affiliate program with a focus on building relationships with content sites and acquiring incremental, new customers.
- Selected a single affiliate network that provided full transparency and sophisticated attribution tools.
- Recruited bloggers and other content sites to provide top-of-funnel brand awareness.
- Aligned commissions based on who affiliates are, the type of promotion they do, brand relevance, and the value they bring.
- Implemented coupon-locking
rules to increase revenue and manage costs.
- Partnered with a select group of coupon and loyalty sites that could be leveraged during sales promotions or when the retailer needed to push volume.
- Employed third-party monitoring to catch fraudulent and low-quality affiliates.
- Analyzed results and structured program to meet cost and performance goals.
The campaign demonstrated that affiliate marketing is a valuable new customer acquisition channel for the retailer.
- Affiliate marketing has become one of retailer’s top performing digital marketing channels.
- Achieved program ROI of 46:1 in 10 months.
How Can We Help You?
Complete the form below and we'll be in touch.