We are currently looking to add a Marketing Analyst to our team. The Marketing Analyst will be responsible for measuring and analyzing affiliate marketing strategies. The position will report to a member of the company’s leadership team and offers salary and benefits that are competitive with growth-stage businesses. This will primarily be a work from home position, with the ideal candidate being based in the Greater Boston, New York City, or San Francisco Bay Area. However, if you live elsewhere and are awesome we still want to talk to you.
- Love working on projects that require strategic thinking and often test your outstanding analytical capabilities
- Have strong internal motivation to get the job done and done well, with no room for errors
- Only provide superior results for your clients and colleagues
- Recognize the importance of being engaged in your work and keeping your colleagues engaged as well
- Possess mature and measured judgment, and the ability to solve problems on your own
- Can keep deadlines and commitments and are accountable to your work
- Know how to collaborate with team members in a remote environment
- Have confidence, poise, and eloquence in difficult situations
- Thrive in a fast paced environment and enjoy bringing order to chaos
- Comfortable working independently with minimal supervision.
- Have incredible attention to detail and are capable of multi-tasking and coordinating several projects at once with the ability to prioritize your time with competing objectives
- Possess superior written and verbal communication skills
- Affiliate marketing experience (in-house, agency, network) a plus
- Expert knowledge and capabilities in Excel and Access
- 2-5 years of experience performing marketing analytics or web analytics in a direct marketing environment
- Analytical expertise – excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – communicates clearly and credibly to colleagues and to senior management
- Strong project management and reporting skills
- Experience with “hands on” involvement with data retrieval, manipulation, analysis and insight generation
- Experience in QuickBase a plus
- Strong working knowledge of Google Analytics preferred – including both finding and analyzing data
- Basic understanding of using a SQL server
- Ability to generate Excel reports from ODBC data
- Previous experience in Affiliate Marketing a plus but not required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to travel at least 15% or as required
- Manage the production and distribution of regular, standard reports
- Provide ROI analysis of all marketing campaigns and sales activities
- Integrate performance reporting and research data with our CRM system to create new leads
- Perform in-depth analysis and insight into key metrics, provide recommendations for improving program management
- Monitor and analyze effectiveness of new features and marketing campaigns for affiliate programs
- Develop, implement and manage performance reporting and analytical tools that support overall effectiveness of our business
- Meet with performance marketing and operations management to understand goals and data sources and help establish benchmarks and metrics, ability to forecast and make projections also key
- Develop compelling supporting materials for executive-level marketing presentations, mining data from multiple sources
- Design research projects that answer specific business questions
- Analyze marketing metrics to identify cause-effect relationships between marketing actions and financial outcomes to increase profitability
- Work with the Affiliate Team to identify new affiliate opportunities
- Perform Client and Affiliate Satisfaction surveys and compile results
- Monitor, track, and report on organic and paid search metrics, including trend analysis
- Provide deep dive analysis of client Google Analytics data
HOW TO WIN THE JOB:
- Please send a detailed cover letter describing why you would be a good fit for the position in the body of your e-mail with a resume attached in MS Word format to email@example.com.
- In your cover letter please include an example of a time your work made a significant impact on a decision or process and what the end result was.
- Please provide salary requirements or most recent salary history.
Generic submissions and submissions that do not follow this format will not be considered. Please keep in mind that we are looking for individuals who are thoughtful, detail-oriented and stand out.
ABOUT ACCELERATION PARTNERS:
Acceleration Partners is a fast growing, boutique digital strategy and marketing firm, with clients that are some of the most well known brands in the world. We are a team of high-energy, performance-driven professionals who are passionate about partnering with innovative and dynamic companies to help drive their growth. We thrive on achieving lofty goals, collaborating with cool people, and working in an environment where success is measured not in hours but in results.